Sunday, June 18, 2017

Day 22 - Daytona to Santee SC

We left Linda's at about 8:30. Beautiful morning - sunny, hot and humid! We went up I-95 a ways then went over to Daytona Beach on Rt A1A, drove on the beach and dipped our toes. I recall as a kid visiting my grandparents who had a little bungalow right on the beach! I remember the wooden steps that went down to the beach. Couldn't possibly find it today - long gone for a condo or hotel I'm sure! Stopped at Publix market to re-suppply.

Then we continued up through Flagler Beach and back onto I-95. Then another short detour as we went on Rt 1 through St. Augustine. Ended the day at the Santee exit on I-95, just a short way from Congaree NP for tomorrow. Dinner at Huddle House - new experience. Its just like Waffle House.

I-95 is mostly a good road, some rough spots or noisy pavement. Traffic is heavy but moves right along at 75mph. Requires concentration!







Never heard of it. Oil Co. based in Jax.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, Observations and Conclusions

Fifty days, 11,175 miles! WOW! And it all went according to plan - on time and on budget! My favorite places: Medora, ND Bar Harbo...